One of my favorite desserts is bread pudding. If it’s on a menu I’m going to order it because I can not pass up the soft velvety goodness with the perfect blend of cinnamon, raisins, and nutmeg. I love it so much I could eat it for breakfast. Then I thought, well why not?! Or at least have something pretty close to it for breakfast, especially with Mother’s Day coming up why not have a treat for breakfast? So I came up with delicious Cream Cheese and Cinnamon Raisin Baked French Toast!
- 10 slices cinnamon raisin bread cubed
- 1 8oz package cream cheese cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish.
- Line half of bread in bottom of casserole dish.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese and rest of bread in dish.
- In a mixing bowl whisk milk, eggs, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and cream cheese.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and refrigerate overnight for bread to soak up mixture.
- To bake preheat oven to 350.
- While oven is preheating remove tin foil from french toast and allow to adjust to room temperature.
- Recover and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove tin foil and bake additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with syrup.
This baked french toast is so easy that it’s something the kids can help with or maybe hubby can spoil you with and prepare the night before and pop in the oven on Mother’s Day. Or if we have to make it ourselves, it’s something that is prepped in minutes. It has the warm gooey texture and flavors of bread pudding and is a wonderful weekend or special occasion breakfast treat. I paired it with Butter Pecan Syrup and I “might” have went back for seconds. 🙂
Whether it’s with this recipe or taken out for brunch I wish all my fellow mamas a Happy Mother’s Day.
For another delicious french toast option try this delicious Banana Nut Bread French Toast.