Living in Texas, you almost get introduced to Mexican or Tex Mex food after you get your first baby purees. Heck, even the Irishman wanted fajitas for his date night birthday dinner. He’s assimilated. 🙂 With Spring finally here, I’m ready for some fresher lighter flavors. Years ago when Ian and I were young and carefree newlyweds we went down to Mexico for a few days and the resort had the best corn salsa…and margaritas, but I digress. I created my own version of that corn salsa recipe and it will be making an appearance all of our cookouts this season! With a pitcher of margaritas. 😉
- 1 Can Bush's Seasoned Black Beans drained
- 1 Can Green Giant Mexican Corn drained
- ½ Can Red Gold Cilantro Lime Diced Tomatoes drained
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Tobasco or Chalula
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and gently stir to blend. Chill and serve with Tortilla Chips or Tostitos Scoops.
The black beans and the corn are crisp and the kick of the lime juice takes you somewhere it’s sunny and 75. The onion and Chalula adds another layer of flavor with the crunch of the chips. This corn salsa recipes is a delicious little fiesta in a bowl- just add cerveza or margarita.