Thank you HEB for partnering with me on this fall recipe.
One of life’s greatest little pleasures is warm homemade bread fresh out of the oven. What can make it even better? If that bread is easy to make! Hands down the most popular recipe on my blog is a Lemon Blueberry Bread. It’s moist and delicious and there’s a reason it just keeps going. Blueberries are nutritious and delicious, but as we’re creeping into fall and the season for all things pumpkin I decided to change the bread up a little and adapt it for the changing season. This easy pumpkin quick bread is perfect for breakfast or a coffee break, has a delicious almost cake-like texture and a wonderful blend of pumpkin and spice, and will make your house smell amazing when it’s baking.
HEB sent me the ultimate pumpkin haul just in time for me to adapt my quick bread recipe. The box contained awesome baking mixes like Lehl Roller Mills Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and Artisan Pumpkin Spice Latte Frosting Mix and also ingredients like Pumpkin Spice Extract, Pumpkin Creme, and Pumpkin Topping. I used the latter three to add incredible flavor and moisture to the quick bread. You can find all of these seasonal items HEB to get your fall baking on whether with a help from one of the mixes or with the fine from scratch ingredients.
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ pumpkin cream (can sub for another ½ cup canned pumpkin)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsalted melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Pour the milk over the oats in a small bowl and set aside. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- While the oats are soaking, mix 1½ cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the sugar, eggs, pumpkin extract, canned pumpkin, pumpkin creme, melted butter and vanilla together and then add oat mixture.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour sugar mixture into flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined into a moist batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I can’t say enough how moist this bread is. It’s almost cake like. The outside forms a light crisp crust and the inside is tender pumpkin spice heaven. The pumpkin creme which also can be used for soups makes the bread soft as a cloud. The pumpkin spice extract gives that wonderful flavor that is fall on a plate. I sliced it up warm and served it with a dab of the pumpkin spread from HEB.
This recipe is so simple to yield something so delicious. Most ingredients you probably have in your pantry so you can make this Pumpkin Quick Bread throughout fall baking season. I’m going to make mini loaves for my daughter’s preschool teacher appreciation week. It would make a great food gift as well or make it and grab your PSL’s and have your girlfriends over for afternoon coffee. Happy fall (baking) y’all!