These easy Greek Chicken Gyros with homemade Tzatziki Sauce are the perfect refreshing summer meal.
I don’t know about you but in the summer I prefer meals that are light and refreshing… like chicken gyros! These are seriously so easy to throw together even with making your own Tzatziki sauce. It’s just 5 ingredients and the hardest part (which isn’t at all) is grating the cucumber.
What also makes this meal so quick to throw together is the pounded chicken. I love pounding my chicken. Not only is it fun and burns a few calories but with all seriousness it allows for even cooking across the entire chicken breast and since it is thin it takes only a short time to become cooked all the way through.
Enjoy these scrumptious chicken and veggie filled chicken gyros!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Greek Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 6 pita flat bread
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ cup red onions, sliced
- ½ cup Feta cheese
- Mix the grated cucumber in a bowl with the Greek yogurt and spices. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Pound chicken to about ⅓ inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and the Greek seasoning. Cook on both sides for 4-6 minutes until done. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Assemble gyros by topping each pita flat bread with some chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, red onions, feta cheese, and Tzatziki Sauce. Serve immediately.*