I am so excited the holidays are upon us! Making memories, making gifts…making a plate. You know you’re with me! I’m all for the meaning of the holidays and the deeper things, but I’m not even going to pretend I don’t enjoy the flavor parties just as much as the real parties! Personally I can take or leave the turkey but I love (like I want to marry you love) the sides. I could make a whole plate of just sides! Okay guilty as charged- I’ve already done it at holiday dinners past. As my ode to my love of Holiday Sides, I consulted 12 top bloggers and came up with this mouth watering round up! From the rolls to the cranberry sauce and everything in between these recipes have you covered for the holidays.
1. It’s not a holiday without stuffing and Kalyn’s Kitchen starts us off with a twist on the traditional with these Whole Wheat Stuffing Muffin Tins. I’ll take 2 please!
2. You have to have hot buttered rolls on your holiday table! These homemade family sweet rolls by The Spiced Life look light and delicious.
3. I love casseroles and this one is a step away from the traditional holiday ones but my husband and I were drooling when we saw this Mushroom and Leek Bread Pudding by The Noble Pig. My tummy would definitely be comforted by this comfort food!
4. Turkey and Dressing’s best friend is cranberry sauce and I have two awesome home cranberry dishes to add color and flavor to your table. The first is by Creative Green Living. Her Best Cranberry Sauce Ever Recipe looks so pretty and tasty.
5. Zucchini is an extremely popular veggie and makes a great addition to any holiday table! Keep It Simple Sweetie has a great zuke recipe to add veggies with all those carbs. Find her recipe for Zucchini and Mozzarella Casserole here.
6. You can’t have the holidays without that staple Green Bean Casserole. This recipe from Healthy Seasonal Recipes will make any green bean lover happy.
7. Another holiday favorite around our house is sweet potatoes. This round up has two ways to make those as well. The first are a sophisticated departure from the loved Sweet Potato Casserole. Kalyn’s Kitchen invites you to mix these up a bit with these Soy Glazed Sweet Potatoes.
8. I love all the carbs at the holidays but it’s all about balance. Creative Green Living offers a delicious way to put a little green on your table with this Broccoli Romanesco Parmisana.
9. The Noble Pig has a flavorful twist on cranberry sauce with this Cranberry Tangerine Chutney. A delicious way to add a twist to a holiday staple.
10. With my husband being from Ireland it’s not the holidays in our house unless potatoes are on the table. Au Gratin like these from A Mitten Full of Savings is one of my favorite ways to prepare them.
11. One of the traditional dishes we’ve had on my family’s holiday table since I was a kid is Sweet Potato Casserole. This one from Healthy Seasonal Recipes with Maple Pecans and Italian Meringue looks packed with flavor.
12. Last but absolutely not least is one of my favorite dishes. I love Pea Salad (Check out my Hoppin’ John Recipe using Black Eyed Peas.) and this delicious dish from Simply Southern Baking adds corn for more flavor and a twist on this Southern favorite.
Are you hungry yet? I know I am! What a line up for inspiration for holiday sides! Thank you to the amazing ladies for sharing their delicious creativity for this line up. Please stop by their blogs and check out their other recipes. And if you want to make a plate of all sides who can blame you if they look like these?!