Have you fired up your grill yet? I love this time of year! Easy dinners on the grill eaten on the back patio by the pool or gathered around the grill at friend’s house. We used our grill for the first time this year this weekend to celebrate the Quiet Man returning from 10 days in Singapore (Was pretty proud of the Sparkles kids and myself for managing solo!). We tried out a burger recipe that I came up with and was a huge hit at our cookout! I love burgers for summer grilling- easy and economical and a summertime flavor party that you can personalize!
- 1lb Hamburger Meat (I used 90/10 for this recipe)
- ½ can Rotel tomatoes thoroughly drained
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley Ranch Chipotle Sandwich Spread
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ⅓ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional (in photo shown) chipotle gouda, bacon, onion roll, guacamole
- Tear bread slices into small pieces and put in a mixing bowl. Whether you include the crusts is your preference.
- Combine remaining ingredients, including egg with bread in bowl.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients together making sure the bread, cheese, and tomatoes are evenly distributed.
- Form into patties of size of your choice. We did 3⅓ pound burgers.
- Blot patties with a paper towel to remove excess water to help keep them together as they cook.
- Cook on grill sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Do not let grill get too hot before adding burgers or they will stick and fall apart.
- Cook about 5-6 minutes each side for well done.
Let me just tell you, this burger was so juicy and flavorful and made me want to lick my fingers it was so good! And maybe I did. Don’t judge. 🙂 The smokey chipotle gouda, onion roll and guacamole added another awesome layer of flavors and paired so well with the Rotel tomatoes and chipotle of the sandwich spread and the bacon added just the right crunch. This burger is ready to party and we will be inviting it back all summer long!