I remember growing up Lucky Charms was a cereal I always enjoyed. I used to separate the cereal and the marshmallows, first I would eat all the cereal, and then I would enjoy all the marshmallows together! Yumm. I have started teaching Dustyn to do this too. The other day as we were separating them I thought why not make some Lucky Charms Cupcakes. Two of my favorite foods in one easy cake mix dessert recipe that is perfect to make this St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- Eggs, Oil, and Water the box calls for
- Neon Green Food Coloring
- Lucky Charms
- For Icing:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 - 7½ ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make cake mix using the directions on the box.
- Mix in the neon food coloring until you get the shade you want.
- Bake according to the directions on box.
- Cool completely before icing your cupcakes.
- Top with Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Directions For Icing:
- Beat butter with mixer on high speed until creamy.
- Mix in marshmallow creme.
- Reduce speed to low, add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Increase speed to high; beat until fluffy.
These are really simple to make and I am sure your kids would love adding the Lucky Charms marshmallows on top of the cupcakes. I only used the marshmallows because they are my favorite, but you could definitely add the cereal on top also.
Do you make a special dessert for your kids on St. Patrick’s Day?
FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST // INSTAGRAM