Have pizza night at home with this gourmet Chicken, Bacon, Pesto Homemade Pizza topped with blistered tomatoes.
Like many children, pizza is one of my favorite meals. Cheese pizza is good but gourmet is the way to go! I like making pizza because it is a lot cheaper and it is pretty fast and easy with this No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough.
You can just cut up a tomato and sprinkle it on your pizza but the tiny bit of extra work to cook these grape tomatoes is so wroth it. You just toss the tomatoes with a bit of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 15-20 minutes until the skins are wrinkled and cracked. You’ll love it! You can even do this part way in advance.
Oh yeah, and of course there is cheese. Lots of stringy melty cheese. Mmmm! If you are looking for more gourmet pizza you’ve got to check these out!
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ recipe No Knead, No Rise Pizza Dough
- ⅓ cup pesto sauce
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss tomatoes with olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes until wrinkled and cracked. Set aside.
- Place pizza stone or an upside down baking sheet in the oven and then preheat it to 450 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Place on a pizza paddle sprinkled with cornmeal or on some parchment paper. Spread pesto over the dough ½ inch from the edge. Sprinkle with shredded chicken, cheese, bacon, and the blistered tomatoes.
- Slide the pizza off paddle onto the pizza stone or slide the pizza and parchment paper onto the pizza stone (or upside down pan). Bake for 10-13 minutes until done. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and fresh basil. Slice and serve.