Don’t you just love how chocolate tastes amazing paired with so many things?! Chocolate is delicious with peanut butter, berries, marshmallow, caramel, more chocolate, and COCONUT! Oh man, these little coconut macaroons are divine! And addicting! Seriously, the best macaroons I’ve ever had. They are perfectly sweet and stay moist inside for days. Oh and I love that they are truffle sized. The perfect small treat for after lunch or during the middle of the afternoon.
Can you believe I never tried an Almond Joy until I was an adult?! Crazy huh? They are delicious! And guess what? These are even better! Plus you can decorate them however you want.
I had so much fun decorating these little guys in chocolate! At first I was just planning on a drizzle but then I decide to add some more pizzazz with finely chopped almonds… and then I decided to make them look more like truffles by dipping the tops in. Those ended up being my favorite!
So I’m not gonna lie, rolling these little guys into balls does take awhile since there are 32 and the batter is quite sticky. Just be patient. This Coconut Macaroons Recipe is definitely worth the time.
And fun surprise! There is a little almond stuffed in the middle. So yum! K I think I’m going to go eat another one now.
- ½ (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ tablespoon heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 32 almonds
- 5 ounces Dark Melting Wafers
- Sliced or chopped almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the condensed milk, sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla. Mix in the coconut.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon mixture and press an almond in the middle. Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on parchment paper 1 inch apart. You should get about 32 total.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden.
- Let the macaroons cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 seconds increments and stir until smooth. Dip tops or bottoms of macaroons in chocolate and then drizzle more chocolate on top. If adding extra almonds sprinkle right after dipping.
FACEBOOK // TWITTER // PINTEREST // INSTAGRAM