A dish I have loved since I was a kid is shrimp fettucine alfredo. It was like a gift from the food gods because two of my favorite things were coming together- shrimp and pasta. All wrapped and coated in a creamy velvety sauce. Today Penney Lane contributor Sarah is sharing her version of this classic.
Today I am sharing a easy shrimp alfredo recipe that you will love.
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 2 Tbls. vegetable oil
- old bay, optional
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine noodles.
- While cooking the noodles heat the oil in a skillet.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and old bay over the shrimp.
- Add to the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Melt butter in the skillet add garlic clove.
- Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Once combined well with the butter. Add the whipping cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, extra black pepper.
- Put the noodles and shrimp into the sauce and mix together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
A gorgeous delicious dinner that you made at home. Eat your heart out Olive Garden! There’s a reason this dish is a classic.
If you like broccoli you can steam some and add it in with the shrimp and noodles at the end. I love making easy shrimp alfredo recipe for dinner. It is super simple to make and tastes delicious.