French dip sandwiches are one of my favorite sandwiches ever! They are so delicious and tender. Plus, you can’t go wrong with Au Jus. I love that I can prepare this in the morning and let it cook all day. Then when I get home all I have left to do is assemble the sandwiches and enjoy. I made french dips the other night and thought it would be so delicious to have on a Panera asiago cheese bagel. Boy was I right!
- 3 - 5 lbs. chuck roast
- 3 cups beef broth
- montreal steak seasoning
- asiago cheese bagels
- provolone cheese
- 2 tbls. vegetable oil
- Season the chuck roast with the steak seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the meat in the skillet for a couple minutes on each side.
- Chop the onion and add it to your crock pot.
- Add the chuck roast on top, then pour the beef broth over top.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Serve on the asiago cheese bagels, topped with provolone cheese.
- Heat under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bagel is toasted.
- Serve with Au Jus from the crock pot.
I really loved the extra flavor the bagels gave my french dip sandwiches. Besides Kaiser rolls, do you have a creative way to serve your french dip sandwiches?