It’s time for Sunday Dinner again and this week’s recipe was a great one for a busy weekend which we had this weekend- one of those low prep, dump it in the crockpot and go. Have I ever mentioned how much I heart my slow cooker? This is a great way to make Mexican chicken. It’s creamy with a kick and is awesome served over rice…or if you’re like my hubby the traditionalist with tortillas as tacos.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small container of sour cream (I use Daisy lowfat.)
- ½ cup Enchilada sauce
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 teaspoon Cholula sauce
- ½ cup Pace Salsa
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Request.)
- ½ cup chopped white onions
- ½ package McCormick taco seasoning (I use the low sodium variety.)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Trim chicken breasts and line bottom of crock pot (Don't forget your Reynolds liner if you use crock pot liners.)
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cook on Low in crock pot for 6 hours.
- Break apart chicken breasts with 2 forks.
- Serve over rice or with tortillas. (For a healthy option use corn or spinach tortillas.)
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top as desired.
I will be honest this recipe is one of those that may not look that pretty on a plate but it is yumminess. The Rotel, Cholula, Salsa, and seasoning give a nice kick to the creaminess of the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Because you shred the chicken it goes a long way and we were able to have it for lunch the next day (just as good the second time around!). Another bit of honesty I need to share: it wasn’t my intention as the pictures looked very different on Pinterest but once we sat down to dinner we both noticed how similar it was to the slow cooker chicken tacos I did a few months ago. The big difference being the creaminess but a very similar flavor- which is not a bad thing because the tacos were great. This Mexican chicken recipe was delicious, easy, and is definitely a keeper. We just won’t have it the same week as the tacos. Haha! Thanks for coming to Sunday Dinner!
Inspired by: Linda’s Mexican Chicken recipe.
Don’t forget to enter to win the $25 Spa Finder GC or if you are a fellow blogger or have an online business I am giving away 2 months of free ad space. (Ends September 29, 2012)
Linking to : Jam Hands Recipe Sharing Monday